The Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) is the professional membership body supporting ecologists and environmental managers in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Our Vision is of a healthy natural environment for the benefit of current and future generations. With a growing membership and an increasingly influential voice we are transforming the professionalism of the sector, just as our members are transforming understanding of, and attitudes towards, protecting and enhancing our natural environment. By working together, we believe we can make a difference, leading to a world rich in biodiversity for the benefit of us all, now and in the future.
Our mission is to raise the standards and profile of professional ecological and environmental management for the benefit of nature and society.
We aim to achieve our mission through a wide range of activities, including:
- Establishing and upholding standards of professional competence and conduct of those who practice ecological and environmental management as a profession.
- Promoting the sharing of best practice through publications, networking and awards.
- Supporting continuing professional development (CPD) through the provision of training and conferences.
- Being an influential voice for the sector by advising governments on policy and practice in relation to management of the natural environment.
- Promoting an integrated, inter-disciplinary approach to sustainable management of the natural environment.